The bottle – PET
The heat shrink label – PVC
Though PET bottles are easily recyclable when it is clean, the process of separating the labels (PVC) and bottle caps (HDPE) is often a difficult, costly, labour intensive and time consuming process, which is why most of these plastics end up in the landfills instead of being recycled.
- Plastic Identification Codes does not mean that the plastic is recyclable, rather, it is developed to help categorize plastic products according to their material type.
Type of Industrial Plastics collected by Gee Hoe Seng Pte Ltd
We currently only accept the following industrial plastics:-
• Clean, Clear Stretch Film with no labels, tapes, and stickers (LPDE)
• Clean IC Tubes with no labels and stickers
• Clean IC Reels with no labels and stickers (PS – Colour & PS – White)
• Acrylic (PMMA)
• Clean Liquid Container with no labels and stickers (HDPE – White)
• IC Black Trays
Used Pallet Stretch Film (LDPE)
IC Reel (PS)
Acrylic (Others – PMMA)
Plastic Recycling Process
Plastic recycling process starts with sorting the different plastic types into their respective identification code. The different plastic products must be further sorted into coloured and non-coloured (clear/white). Clear plastics fetches the highest value, as it can be easily dyed into any other colour. Once the sorting is done, the plastics are washed and cleaned, so as to ensure that debris and contaminants are removed. It is then shredded, crushed into flakes, or melted and pelletized into granulates, which are used to manufacture new products.